1. Organize your closet. Styling is easy when you can clearly see every wardrobe piece.
2. Find your partner tailor who knows your fashion likes and body measurements.
3. Balance your top and bottom wear. Wide-leg pants should be worn with tight blouses, for instance.
4. Don’t blindly follow styles. Know your body and see which style suits you best.
5. Avoid rush shopping. Fitting the clothes is so important.
6. Get creative and don’t be afraid to mix and match. As a tip, have one focal piece, be it a dress or the pants, and choose the rest as accents.
7. Your skin color matters. If you have warm undertones, choose shades of red, brown, yellow, or olive. With cool undertones, shades of blue, white, black, and gray work great.
8. Besides your little black dress, your wardrobe must have 3 jackets: denim, tailored, and leather.
9. Show just enough skin for a sultry look. Avoid overexposure.
10. Accessorizing upgrades your look instantly and dramatically. Invest in a few pieces (e.g., earrings, necklaces, bracelets).
11. With the right scarf fold, your ordinary t-shirts look polished and chic. Learn the art of wearing scarves.
12. Create a DIY kit for fashion emergencies. Include double-sided tapes, rollers, extra bra clips, and sewing tools.
13. Always have a white fitted shirt. It’ll prove useful for any occasion.
14. Prepare your outfit the night before when you know your morning gets busy.
15. Learn the art of layering. Experiment. If you believe a black turtle necks fits well underneath a yellow satin dress, then do it.