Having curly hair can either be a blessing or a curse, whether it’s a good or bad hair day. Either way, you need to know these facts about curly hairs. If you are a curly-haired person, here are five mistakes that you should avoid doing with your hair.
- Washing your hair too often. If you have curly hair, washing it every day is a big no-no. Washing it regularly will make your hair dry and brittle, and it would be hard to tame on most days. Try to wash at least 2-3 times a week. Also, try to condition it regularly.
- Do not towel dry. This will also make your hair dry. Try to just wrap the towel on your hair and let it soak the water from the wet hair.
- Use the right comb. It’s always best to detangle your curly hair using your hands. A fine-tooth comb is not advisable to use because it makes hair frizzy.
- Always condition your hair. Shampoo is not advisable for curly hair, so better go for a hair conditioner. This helps keep your hair hydrated.
- Protect it from the sun. UV rays are not only dangerous to the skin but to the hair as well. Wear a hat or put hair leave-on on your hair to keep it hydrated.