Achieving a perfect, flawless skin is almost impossible. There will always be something that can lead to blemishes, breakouts, and other skin issues. Here are some of the things that a dermatologist would want people to know.
- You cannot cure Keratosis pilaris or ‘chicken skin’. The only thing you can do is to apply a gentle moisturizer to help lessen the appearance of the bumps. Do not exfoliate the chicken skin too much as exfoliation can only make it worse.
- Always apply a sunscreen product that has an SPF of 50. More importantly, make sure to apply sunscreen ‘all over’ the body. This includes the lips and the area around the eyes.
- Do not perform heavy exfoliation. This can remove the skin’s protective layers and make you more susceptible to skin problems. Gentle exfoliation following a face wash is ideal.
- Use cleansing brushes to help cleanse your face. These are effective tools and they do not damage the skin. The only downside to them is the amount of care you need to put in their cleaning.
- Use face serums instead of thick creams if you have very sensitive skin. Avoid rubbing and scrubbing the skin as this will only worsen the inflammation.