Short nails can look less sexy, less presentable for women. Here are ways to grow nails fast and strong.
1. Nails that easily chip are difficult to regrow. Since nails are made of keratin, similar to your hair, drinking biotin, a subcategory of Vitamin B, will help keep the nails strong.
2. Nutritional deficiency, aging, and medication are possible causes for slow nail growth. So for long-term solution, observe a balanced diet. Take not only Vitamin B supplements but also Vitamin A, C, D, E protein, iron, and zinc. Special formulations for hair are also available in many health stores.
3. For short-term solutions to nail breakage, use nail hardeners made available in the market. They are painted onto nails like a regular polish and should only be used in dire circumstances, lest they cause damage.
4. Slow-growing nails can also be a function of poor grooming habits like nail biting and poor washing habits. Bacteria build-up can cause nail infections that may damage the plates, so observe regular cleaning and trimming.
5. Lastly, protect your nails from prolonged water or chemical exposure by wearing gloves. These factors only weaken your nails, making them prone to breakage. Even your skin is at risk of dryness and damage.