1. Don’t throw away used tea bags. Chill them in the fridge and set them over your closed lids for at least 10 minutes. Tannins in the tea alleviate the eye puffiness and lighten the dark circles.
2. Tannins cure sore throat just as they soothe blemishes and sunburn. You can apply tea bags directly on the problem area or soak a clean towel into a pot of brewed tea leaves. Apply the towel onto the sun-damaged skin for 30 minutes. Ready tannin-rich formulas are also available, e.g., A Perfect World Defense Moisturizer With White Tea and H20+ Marine Defense Green Tea Antioxidant Lotion.
3. A homemade solution of peppermint tea and salt helps cure toothache. It pays to have tea in your kitchen cabinet, really.
4. Get rid of the unpleasant foot odor by soaking your feet in brewed tea leaves for 20 minutes. Don’t forget to wash your hands after.
5. Tannins have antibacterial properties that help expedite the healing of blisters. Simply place chilled tea bags over those blisters.
6. Broke a fingernail? Extract a mesh from a teabag and use it as a splint that connects your nail and its broken piece before coating them with nail polish.
7. Teabags can serve as natural facial toners because of their astringency. Wipe your skin with teabags and you’ll get oil-free texture the natural way. Available tea-inspired toners in the market include Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Instant Infusion Treatment Toner or Juara Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner.