Black tie dress code for women is not as easy as they are for men. It translates literally to tuxedos for the men but for women it is tricky.
Simply put, it is the most formal when it comes to dress codes, so women will most likely need a gown or floor-length dress. Cocktail dresses may be accepted, at times, but long dresses are the better choice.
If you, however, end up deciding to wear a cocktail dress, make sure that the event is not as formal and that the dress goes longer than the knees. Choosing a darker color dress and the right accessories will help make the attire appear more formal.
Here are some other tips for wearing long dresses.
- For a formal event, opting for classic styles is better to suit the occasion.
- For weddings, choose lighter fabrics and colors. Black and white are not appropriate for a wedding.
· For a gala, black is the best choice.
· Black or white are the most popular, although red, pink, and yellow are just as chic.
· It is best to invest in dresses that are of good quality and with timeless cuts and designs. They can be worn again with other accessories to create a new look.
Black tie means it is the opportunity to truly dress up, so choose the gown that makes you feel like royalty!