Blonde hair, dyed or natural, can be hard to maintain, too. It’s a struggle to keep it as lustrous as possible. The following tips can help you deal with the problem:
1. Shampoo sparingly. Chemicals can strip off natural oils that keep hair shiny. Even with natural shampoos, everyday washing still leads to dryness. So try to shampoo every other day or use dry shampoo instead.
2. Simple rinsing habits can keep your hair healthy. Hair cuticles expand with heat and contract with cold color. Once you’ve washed and conditioned, it’s best to end your shower with cold water to retain moisture and promote shine.
3. Filter your shower. Unfiltered water contains hard minerals (e.g., chlorine, magnesium, copper) that damage and dull your locks. A shower head filter only costs under $100, invest in it for proper hair care.
4. Consider DIY hair care like rinsing with beer, which contains natural sugar and Vitamin B complex that make the hair shiny. Let it sit for 3 to 4 minutes before rinsing with cold water. Don’t forget to apply conditioner for a fragrant finish. Do this method sparingly, though, like once a month or quarterly.
5. Reduce heat exposure. Heat makes hair dull and brittle. So when possible, air dry your locks instead of using the blow dryer. If you can avoid ironing your hair, then do so.