Adhering to the following tips before going to bed can help you wake up to a better skin.
- Make it a habit to clean your skin before going to bed. Remove your eye makeup with a gentle cleanser or an eye makeup remover. You can also use a small amount of baby shampoo to remove eye makeup.
- Purchase a good humidifier to use in your bedroom while you sleep. This prevents drying your skin by saturating the room air with moisture.
- Always apply an appropriate moisturizer right after washing and drying your face. Pick one that contains hyaluronic acid to help retain skin moisture.
- Skip the alcoholic beverage. This has a dehydrating effect. Your body will try to compensate by drawing fluids from the skin around the eyes. Limit your salt intake, too. This can cause fluid retention, leading to puffy eyes.
- Always read the label of any product that you apply on your skin. Vitamin K-containing eye creams are perfect for small, bluish discolorations around the eyes. Kojic acid-containing products are ideal for superficial darkness.
- Get as much sleep as you can. This will help reduce the levels of cortisol in the blood. It can help prevent water retention and reduce your appetite.