The most troublesome scenario when choosing the right hair color for you would be to find some hair color ideas for dark skin. In order for your hair color to create a lovely contrast with your skin tone, you must first determine what skin tone you have.
You can do this by comparing in a mirror how you look wearing jewelry of different colors.
- If silver jewelry looks best on you then you have a cool skin tone.
- If gold jewelry looks better on you then you have a warm skin tone.
- If you look good with both of them, it means you have a natural skin tone.
Tips for a cool skin tone
If you have a cool skin tone (either light or dark) you will look the best wearing white, ash silver hair colors. Pay attention to the condition of your hair since this type of dye may damage your hair. Prepare it before you dye it by applying some hair masks. Give your hair a special hydrating treatment especially if it is curly. Make sure you are prepared to regularly maintain your hair once you dye it. You have to touch up your roots from time to time since they ruin your style by revealing your darker natural color.
Tips for a warm skin tone
If you want a light hair color and you have a warm skin tone, then you should better go for golden blonde. Under any circumstance don’t dye your hair like this if you have pinkish skin. In order to neutralize your coloring you must stick to ask tones.
Tips for pale skin
Pale skin suits nearly any hair color. It means that if you have your skin tone light enough you couldn’t ruin your appearance even if you wanted to. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you are carefree. Having a pale hair color will not necessarily keep you away from troubles since any other color less vibrant and intense will make you appear washed-out. The same wash-out effect happens for women who have dark skin tones and wear pale colors. Wearing some vibrant colors will make some great hair color ideas for dark skin.
Other beauty tricks
Those who want to make a huge change in their life opt for a look update. Still, as you will see on many specialized sites such as yourhairexperts.com, using bold hair colors is not the only solution for reinventing your look. Mistakes can be made easily when people don’t consider their skin tone before deciding on a certain hair color. Therefore, we advise you to keep in mind the following advice for improving your aspect without taking any risks:
- If you have olive skin keep in mind to never go lighter than your skin because it appears fake.
- If you have a warm skin tone that has yellow hues be careful with orange and redish tones. You don’t want your head to become too orangey.
- Avoid wearing very dark colors if you have an extremely pale skin tone because it will only make you paler.